The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along. It feels like flying - except that you're underwater using scuba equipment. Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. If this sound like fun, then the Drift Diver course is for you.
If you're a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the Drift Diver specialty course.
2 Open Water Drift Dives
Along with drift diving techniques and procedures, you'll:
- Receive an introduction to drift diving equipment - floats, lines and reels.
- Get an overview of aquatic currents - causes and effects.
- Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication during two drift dives.
- Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with the current.
- Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification - ask your instructor about earning credit.
Normally 1 day*, 2 Dives
*PADI programs are performance based. You proceed as you demonstrate mastery of the course skills. This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable for you. Scuba Training Philippines has a variety of schedules to meet most individuals needs. We offer private courses for those who want a more personal experience in learning to dive.
12 months from date of commencement, however we strongly encourage students to complete their course within 2 months.
You can complete your course in one go or spread out your dives over a few months. Please speak to an Instructor to create a basic schedule.
Drift Diver Manual (Own)
Basic Scuba Equipment (Provided)
Surface Signalling Device
Go for Gold with the Elite rating of Master Scuba Diver.
Conquer another specialty with one of the many Padi Specialty Courses available: